2016 wasn’t my favourite year by a long stretch, but there were still a couple of sweet spots in it – five to be exact! So here are my five favourite desserts in Hong Kong last year… and here’s hoping 2017 will be even sweeter.
Chocolate H20, Cobo House
When Cobo House first opened in Hong Kong, people actually started sending me social media photos of this dish, saying “this has your name written all over it”. Sure enough, its main components are chocolate and salted caramel – and short of actually calling it “Order Me, Rach”, there was no question that I’d be falling for Chocolate H20 hook, line and sinker.
Continue reading →
Posted in Food, Hong Kong
Tagged 2am Dessert Bar, Adam Cliff, best cheesecake Hong Kong, best chocolate mousse in Hong Kong, best dessert dumplings Hong Kong, best desserts in Hong Kong, best pecan pie Hong Kong, cheesecake, chocolate, Chocolate H20, Cobo House, Cobo House Hong Kong, coconut dumplings, CRFT PIT, CRFT PT Hong Kong, desserts, desserts Hong Kong, end of year lists, favourite, favourite desserts Hong Kong, Janice Wong, labneh cheesecake, Maison Libanaise, Maison Libanaise Hong Kong, Mercedes Me, Mercedes Me Hong Kong, patisserie Hong Kong, pecan pie, salted caramel, salted caramel Hong Kong, Samsen, Samsen Hong Kong, top 5 desserts Hong Kong, top desserts Hong Kong
Everyone loves end-of-year posts, right? Especially when they come, not at the end of the old year, but at the start of a new one!
So with my trademark lateness (and wish me luck with last year’s best dessert list hitting the blog before the end of 2017), here are TTLG’s most read posts of 2016:
1. Australia’s Next Top Model, Cycle 7
2. Hong Kong Murders: The Braemar Hill murders
3. Arcane restaurant review
4. The Intercontinental Hong Kong afternoon tea review
5. SK-II Facial Treatment Essence review
6. Skin Laundry facial review
7. Clinique Chubby Sticks in Two Ton Tomato, Mighty Mimosa & Pudgy Peony review
8. Mott 32 restaurant review
9. Lancome Blanc Expert Ultimate Whitening Hydrating Cream moisturiser review
10. Australia’s Next Top Model, Cycle 4
11. Top 5 Desserts in Hong Kong 2015
It seems the key to being a popular post on my blog is to be an article written several years ago! Anyway, thanks as ever for reading and here’s hoping 2017 is a great year for us all.